Sofis is a leading valve operation solutions manufacturer and operates from offices in 7 countries across the globe. Sofis is part of the Safety Sector of Halma Plc, a UK-based leading global technology group with 50 subsidiaries and 5,400 employees worldwide.
Sofis is an innovative supplier of valve operation solutions for the petrochemical, oil & gas, tank storage, and process industries. The organization is the global market leader in valve interlocks and solutions for the safe operation and monitoring of manual valves. Using such solutions, Sofis help their customers to create a safer and more efficient working environment.
In order to meet the company’s ambitious growth agenda, Sofis has adopted a strategic focus on key industry segments, service excellence and introducing a more digital and connected product offering.
The Sales Engineer is the technical and commercial officer in a sales team. He/she independently reviews RFQ’s and opportunities, prepares quotes and follows up on quotes in the region. Once orders are awarded, he/she takes care of order acceptance and handover to the operations team that executes and delivers orders.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job role and responsibilities include the following:
- Act as first point of contact for distributors and customers in the North & South America region.
- Evaluate and reply to incoming technical & commercial enquiries and queries from customers, distributors and sales partners.
- Support Sales Managers to prepare technical & commercial proposals for large and/or strategic accounts & projects.
- Prepare and submit independently technical & commercial proposals for existing transactional customers and smaller projects.
- Follow up on all quotes and respond to all enquiries/queries regarding quotes.
- Visits customers, agents, partners for technical & commercial support and training.
- Keep the quotes pipeline data of the sales region up-to-date in the CRM.
- Review project datasheets and prepare technical scope of quotes in compliance with the customer’s requirements.
- Check orders for technical soundness, completeness, compliance with quotation and complete order acceptance process.
The Sales Engineer works alongside the following internal department interfaces: Sales, Production & Design Engineering, Site Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical), or equivalent by experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a sales role within a technical industry.\
- Able to understand technical drawings and process/chemical applications.
- Excellent communication skills and commercial flair.
- Capacity to work in a team and develop long-term win-win relationships with customers.
- Well organized.
- Familiar with the Microsoft software suite.
- Fluent in English.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
This position is based in our office in Houston, Texas, and reports to the Regional Manager Americas. Occasional travel within the US, or to our headquarters in The Netherlands, might be required.
Sofis offers an interesting position at an ambitious and market leading company with a strong focus on growth. Sofis is an independent and globally operating company within a large group of companies. Our team is international, diverse and consists of highly enthusiastic and dedicated professionals. Further career opportunities within Sofis and Halma are possible and training and personal development opportunities are available.
Please apply by email to Quentin Courouble, Regional Manager Americas: email@example.com.