Are you excited about a technical position within an international organization? Are you strong in hands-on mechanical work and problem-solving, do you speak fluent English, Dutch and – preferably – German as well and are you eager to help, improve and support our Site Service team? Then you are at the right place at Sofis.
The Service Engineer is responsible for all on-site activities at our customer’s locations, with a focus on the Benelux and adjacent countries. The role reports to the Team lead Site Service of Sofis in The Netherlands.
As a Service Engineer you will:
- Execute on-site service jobs in a highly qualified and customer-focused manner.
- Measuring: standard and advanced valves, gearboxes.
- Installation and commissioning: interlocks and VPI’s.
- Troubleshooting: interlocks, VPIs, sequence and pigging troubleshooting.
- Project management: international and offshore, guiding a team of local service engineers.
- Surveys, functional checks, and internal inspection.
- Working with detailed order sheets, P&ID’s and technical drawings.
- Accurate reporting: during and after completion of a job, internal as well as external.
- Proactively promote our service products during on-site visits, provide leads to Sales.
- Supervise small site teams for standard measurement or lock installation work.
- Support with all assembly activities in the workshop.
- Work safely and without risk to health and the environment.
Are you Familiar with the Following Specifications?
- Graduated MBO/practical technical education, or equal by experience, preferably in mechanical engineering, maritime engineering or electro engineering.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Flexible, stress-resistant, confident and a good team player.
- Willingness to travel internationally, sometimes on short notice and for a longer period.
- Good internal and external organizational and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written skills of the Dutch and English language, German is an advantage.
- Ability to perform with some supervision.
- In the possession of Drivers license B and VCA VOL.
- International service jobs can include working in an isolated environment, with low luxury standards.
- Service work is physically demanding and requires good health & fitness.
- Service jobs might include longer working days, and/or working on weekends.
- If a certificate for offshore fitness by Nogepa is obtained, the employee is physically qualified to perform the required tasks.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Would you say you are assertive, resilient and are you open for a change? Do you want to have an active role in this team?
Do not hesitate and apply for the role of Service Engineer.
We Offer You
- A salary that is in line with the market, depending on age, experience, and education.
- Full-time function 40 hours a week.
- Maximum Pension accrual via a defined contribution pension policy from Delta Lloyd.
- 25 vacation days based on full-time employment (based on 40 hours).
- An employment contract for a year (with prospects of permanent employment).
- Holiday allowance of 8% on the gross annual salary, paid in May.
- Collective health insurance with ONVZ, ANW shortfall insurance, and WGA shortfall insurance.
- The ability to make a difference and grow with the organization.
We Are Sofis
Sofis is a leading valve operation solutions manufacturer and operates from 7 worldwide offices. Sofis is part of the Safety Sector of Halma Plc, a UK-based leading global technology group with 50 subsidiaries and 5,400 employees worldwide.
Sofis is an innovative supplier of valve operation solutions for the petrochemical, oil & gas, tank storage, and process industries. The organization is the global market leader in valve interlocks and solutions for the safe operation and monitoring of manual valves. Using such solutions, Sofis help their customers to create a safer and more efficient working environment.
In order to meet the company’s ambitious growth agenda, Sofis has adopted a strategic focus on key industry segments, service excellence and introducing a more digital and connected product offering.
Are you interested in This position?
Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV! You can respond by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more information about the position of Service Engineer, please contact Arjan Versteeg (Team lead Site Service) on number 0172-471339.