Sofis is a manufacturer of valve operation systems such as mechanical valve interlocks, portable actuators, and valve position indicators. We are the world’s largest interlock manufacturer, providing bespoke design solutions that protect people and property throughout the world. We are dedicated to getting people home safe and increasing overall plant safety and efficiency while doing so.
Sofis is part of Halma PLC, a specialist market leader in safety, health and environmental technologies. Registered on the FTSE100 in London, Halma has annual sales in excess of £1.2billion per annum and employees approx. 6,300 employees across 50 companies in more than 20 countries worldwide. Halma’s purpose is growing a safer, cleaner and healthier future for everyone every day. Find out more about us at www.halma.com and www.sofisglobal.com.
In order to meet the company’s ambitious growth agenda, Sofis recently opened a new branch in Houston and is looking to strengthen their team in this location.
The Project Engineer oversees and coordinates engineering and technical disciplines involved in the execution of our customers’ projects. In this role, you will be the focal point of contact of our internal and external customers regarding the execution of existing product orders and service requirements. You will collect technical data from our clients to assemble the engineering package for our production team. You will monitor, schedule and coordinate all activities related to the engineering, manufacturing and on-site installation of our products and solutions. A mechanical background is required for this position.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary job role and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure all technical requirements defined within a purchase contract between Sofis and its clients are properly incorporated in engineering deliverables.
- Collect all technical data required to design and manufacture products & solutions sold, including by:
- Reviewing detailed valve technical drawings provided by customers, and/or
- Measuring physical valves on-site to populate blank drawings.
- Reviewing piping & instrumentation diagrams, work procedures and operational requirements provided by clients.
- Produce order datasheets to be used by our production team in The Netherlands to manufacture custom-made products designed to achieve our customers’ requirements.
- Monitor the progress of the manufacturing process and communicate the delivery schedule to our customers.
- Execute with the highest quality on-site activities including valve measurements, installation and commissioning, troubleshooting and health checks.
- Oversee warehousing, procurement, and manufacturing activities for small scale orders executed out of our Houston branch (ex: urgent orders, repairs, modifications).
- Support internal & external interdisciplinary interfaces to ensure project objectives and business needs are met, for instance: support the Sofis service team and client to schedule service interventions, support the Sofis shipping team and client to schedule project delivery, support the Sofis finance team and client to achieve milestones payments, etc.
The Project Engineer works alongside the following internal department interfaces: Sales, Production & Design Engineering, Shipping, Quality, Site Services.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent by experience.
- Experience in mechanical roles. Experience of valves is a strong plus.
- Able to understand technical drawings and piping diagrams.
- Experience with mechanical manual work.
- High attention to details and quality. Well organized.
- Strong communication skills and customer minded.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
- The position is based in Houston, Texas, and reports to the Regional Manager Americas.
- Occasional travel (20%) might be required, nationally and internationally (The Netherlands).
Sofis offers an interesting position at an ambitious and market-leading company with a strong focus on growth. Sofis is an independent and globally operating company within a large group of companies. Our team is international, diverse and consists of highly enthusiastic and dedicated professionals. Further career opportunities within Sofis and Halma are possible and training and personal development opportunities are available.
Please apply by email to Quentin Courouble, Regional Manager Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Sofis check www.sofisglobal.com and www.halma.com.