Are you excited about supporting the technical teams with your knowledge of 3D CAD- software position within an international organization? Do you have the ability to fill the wishes of our customers? Do you speak fluent English and are you eager to help, improve and support the Production and Design Engineer Team? Then you are at the right place at Sofis.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the specific project design for customers in a worldwide operating company. You will have direct contact with the colleagues in the Netherlands, Germany, the UK, UAE (Dubai), India and Houston. The role reports to the Production and Design team lead of Sofis in the Netherlands.
In a team of project engineers and design engineers, you are responsible for designing 3D solutions for Valve add-ons mechanical and electric. You collect technical data, monitor and process it. You standardize and automate repetitive designs. Together with your colleagues, you prepare work in ERP-systems for production, procurement, and stock. In doing so, we expect you to have resolving power about technical problems. You can work well in a team but also independently.
Are You Familiar with the Following Specifications?
- Solidworks® 3D CAD.
- We expect you to be able to work along with a routine design structure for standard valve solutions. You can identify non- standard solutions and design, taking into account the robustness and cost of the solution.
- You can withstand pressure and manage multiple timelines for different demanding customers and plan.
- You can communicate professionally and effectively with international clients and suppliers in proper oral and written skills (mostly English).
- Experience with mechanical equipment, valves and/or industrial process equipment in the petrochemical, energy or oil-&gas industry is considered a pre.
- MS- Office Excel and Word is required.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Efacs and King is a pre.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Would you say you are assertive, resilient and are you open for a change? Do you want to have an active role in this team? Do not hesitate and apply for the role of Design Engineer.
We Offer You
- Salary is in line with the market, depending on age, experience and education.
- Full-time function 40 hours a week.
- Maximum Pension accrual via a defined contribution pension policy from Delta Lloyd.
- 25 vacation days based on a full-time employment (based on 40 hours).
- An employment contract for a year (with prospects of permanent employment).
- Holiday allowance of 8% on the gross annual salary, paid in May.
- Collective health insurance with ONVZ, ANW shortfall insurance and WGA shortfall insurance.
- The ability to make a difference and grow with the organization.
- Limited international travel for clients and agents
We Are Sofis
Sofis is a leading valve operation solutions manufacturer and operates from 7 worldwide offices. Sofis is part of the Safety Sector of Halma Plc, a UK-based leading global technology group with 50 subsidiaries and 5,400 employees worldwide.
Sofis is an innovative supplier of valve operation solutions for the petrochemical, oil & gas, tank storage, and process industries. The organization is the global market leader in valve interlocks and solutions for the safe operation and monitoring of manual valves. Using such solutions, Sofis help their customers to create a safer and more efficient working environment.
In order to meet the company’s ambitious growth agenda, Sofis has adopted a strategic focus on key industry segments, service excellence and introducing a more digital and connected product offering.
Are You Interested in This Position?
Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV! You can respond by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions and more information about the position of Design Engineer please contact Josine Huisman, team lead on number 0172-471 339.